Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hot Pot and Korean BBQ Dinner Party

One of my friends' parents invited a whole bunch of us over for dinner right after new year's. It was a crazy food fest - there was a BBQ grill and 2 hot pots in the dining room. We all stood around the table and cooked our own food. It was great fun - eating and chatting. Most of the girls were at one end of the table because we liked more vegetables in our hot pot, the boys were like, meat only in our hot pot, haha.
























I think they're in a serious discussion

















She's knitting socks. She got stuck on a stitch and couldn't figure out how to continue, so she brought it to the party in case someone could help her. Yeah, she was asking the wrong group of people, we had no clue.

















He chose the stuffed animals over his friends























Such a romantic picture ... I love Sherry's expressions ....

















Another happy couple ... hahaha

















And of course, the happy, single girls ;)

















I'm not sure what they're laughing at

















I had a lot of fun at the party, but I wasn't completely able to relax and enjoy myself. I was scheduled to stand on stage and translate the sermon from Chinese to English at church the following morning. I was kind of a nervous wreck and wasn't able to concentrate on anything for at least a week leading up to it. I knew it was stupid to be nervous about it and that I couldn't fully 'prepare' for it. I could only pray that God would give me the strength and wisdom to get through it. All in all, it went fine. I didn't mess up so badly that the spirit of the sermon couldn't get across I think. But afterwards, I was SO relieved. It really felt like I could finally breathe again. Everyone was very supportive and encouraging, which I definitely appreciated. Nevertheless, it was a challenging and interesting experience and I am glad that I went through it. Let's just hope I don't have to do it again anytime soon :)

No comments: