Tuesday, April 29, 2008

2008 Wedding #2

After going to the church in NJ with my parents for a few weeks, one of the guys in the young adults group invited me to his wedding, which I thought was a really nice gesture considering we had only talked twice. The wedding was this past Sunday, everything was so beautiful. There was a fountain and patio outside and tons of delicious food during cocktail hour. I think I was full before the reception started! I met a friend of Pascual's from Wheaton and my old boss from the bakery I used to work at in high school. What a small world huh?

The reception was awesome. At first, most of the guests were fairly shy and didn't want to get up and dance. But the MC did a great job of getting people involved and onto the dance floor. The high school boys were really cute, showing off in the center of the circle. I realized how old I was when people started doing the 'superman'. Whatever happened to the electric slide? Hahahaha. For once though, FOR ONCE, there were more boys than girls at a wedding. And still, the single girls were sitting during the slow dances. Pathetic. I asked a girl at my table to dance. After some coercing she agreed. It was fun, strange, but fun. I'm sure we looked ridiculous but honestly I really didn't care! I have decided that I am making all the male guests at my wedding dance with the female guests, hahahahaha!

One thing at the reception that I thought was neat was the big screen TV that showed videos of the Chinese tea ceremony earlier that day, baby pictures of the bride and groom and pictures of guests at the reception, including some live video of us on the dance floor! There was a 'dance crew' that led the group in a bunch of silly dances, which was great. Everyone, including the Chinese parents, were getting into it!






















Pictures of people at my table, most of whom I know from church, I just realized how many glasses there were at the table!
















































Our congo line was AWESOME, I don't think I've ever seen a better one, seriously! We ended up forming a swirl like a cinnabon!

1 comment:

Jaly said...

you look pretty =)