Monday, May 19, 2008

Dumplings

So this past weekend, I went to a housewarming party in a very mountainous area of New Jersey with a bunch of people from church. It is such a pretty area, with tons of trees and extremely quiet, all you can hear outside is the sound of birds chirping. And the sunset was gorgeous.

Get this. We wrapped our own dumplings and then cooked them! I've never been to a dumpling wrapping party before, haha. It was a lot of fun, it's hilarious some of the creative shapes people came up with. Some looked like the Indian curry puffs, others looked like ravioli. But they tasted quite yummy. The best part of it is that the large majority of our group is guys. And they know how to make dumplings! It was nice (and maybe a bit sad) that the 3 of us girls sat around most of the time while the guys were in the kitchen cooking, haha! I am still amazed.

Look at how intent they are at wrapping the dumplings :)






















































It's a melting pot of dumplings!


















Afterwards, we played wii and just hung out. It's been so great getting to know the people in our young adult group. They've all known each other since they were teenagers, and I like seeing how comfortable they are with each other and how they share so many fun memories. It's kind of what I 'missed out on' when I was a kid growing up. But they've been so welcoming that in a matter of just a couple of months, I feel relatively comfortable around them and not as if I'm an outsider. It's almost a bit scary, but I don't think I've ever felt this same sense of 'belongingness' in such a short amount of time. It really is God's grace. I feel so blessed that He led me here. I feel like God is saying that it's never too late and that He is going to redeem what was 'lost' in my past. God is so awesome.

Playing and watching wii on the 50 inch plasma screen! I stink at Mario Kart, hahaha. I don't know whether the boy in the blue is attempting to flex for the picture or trying to punch me.


















LOL. This doesn't even need a caption. I don't think he knows about my blog. Shhhh......


















View from the deck. Isn't it amazing?!?!


















The living room and kitchen. His place is beautiful. You get so much space in New Jersey.


















More wii during the sunset

1 comment:

Jaly said...

That apartment looks NICE.. and it does seem fun!

glad u felt u 'belonged'...