Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Seeing the World Through Different Eyes

I remember when I left NYC for Arizona, I felt like I was 'done' with NYC, that I had enough and was ready for something completely different. I had thought that 'something' would be a different geographic location. What I've come to realize is that although I am back in the NYC-area, I 'feel' as if it's going to be completely different, because God changed ME. It's like I am seeing the world through different eyes. It first 'hit' me when I was in the car about 5 weeks ago, and my mom was driving me to the bus stop. I looked out the window and noticed the tiniest bit of green on the trees. I was so excited, and exclaimed, 'Look! The trees are budding!' In all my years of living in NJ and NYC, I have never once noticed the trees budding. I notice the bare branches when it's winter. I notice the trees full of leaves, like they are now. But the 'budding' stage lasts no more than a week or two. Sometimes we need to just stop and smell the roses, literally. Otherwise, we may miss out on something beautiful. It is amazing that the trees, the flowers, the animals all KNOW when the seasons are about to change. God's wisdom in creation surpasses our knowledge and understanding. He created the universe, the earth, life, with a plan, a purpose and order.

No comments: