Saturday, August 9, 2008

Baby Shower with 'The Adults'

My parents hosted a baby shower for the church choir last Sunday, and since I've been to more baby showers than I can recall, I said I would host the games portion of the party. The 'adults' are so much fun, they totally took the games to a whole new level - cracking jokes and making fun of everything and everyone. Seriously, my abs hurt from laughing so much.

Potluck style - food was great!

















Mother-to-be opening gift






















This was so funny - 30+ adults sitting with paper plates on their heads trying to draw a baby

















Deciding on the winners and losers of the drawing contest

















Teams trying to guess how big the mother-to-be's tummy is

















I always find it funny when teams decide to use a male's waist as a proxy





























































Guessing the flavors of baby food. The best part is seeing the facial expressions of people as they taste the baby food. Good thing I host these games. I do NOT want to try the food. The consensus is that it tastes horrible.


































Summer birthdays! The person who bought the candles accidentally bought 'trick candles', so they re-lit after they blew them out, and we just thought they didn't blow hard enough so they kept blowing, LOL.

















This couple celebrated their 33rd wedding anniversary. It was very sweet.

No comments: