Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sisters

So a few days after my last post, I received a couple of emails and comments from awesome friends who are like sisters to me. I had just recently been thinking of my former Rock sisters Victoria and Gina, whom I used to always email or call or ring the door bell if I needed someone a few years older and wiser to talk to, pray with or receive a few encouraging words from. Since they've moved to Florida, it's been a bit difficult during these 'down' times, not knowing who to go to. Obviously I can go to God at anytime, but sometimes it would be nice to have older sisters who 'get' what I'm going through. And God reminded me very quickly that He hasn't forgotten me, because that same day that I was thinking about it, I get a long email from Victoria in response to my last blog post, with words of encouragement! :) Thank you!

In all honesty, I love hanging out with my new friends from church, they're a lot of fun and we've had a few deep discussions at prayer meetings. But I miss being around sisters in the Lord. I'm going to try to be more proactive. But if you remember, please also pray with me that He will bring older and younger sisters into my life!

No comments: