Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Restaurant Week 2008

I can't believe much I ate out last week. I ended up getting home late and staying up late and not getting enough sleep. Hence I think the reason that I walked into work this week and immediately started sneezing and blowing my nose. Now I have a bottle of hand sanitizer at my desk and bring a box (literally a box) of tissues with me around the office. My co-workers laugh at me.

But the food was soooo yummy. I went to Aquavit (Scandinavian) with co-workers during lunch, Delmonico's (steakhouse) with friends, Peacock Alley in the Waldorf Astoria with my cousin-in-law and Riingo with a friend. All of the meals were wonderful. Riingo gave us gift certificates to use the next time we come back, how cool is that?! Here are some pictures from Riingo.

I love the bread basket presentation - the thin crackers beneath the rolls were so good. Kind of spicy, and you dip them in guacamole!

















Okay. This is the ribs, we were like how is this ribs?! But apparently they blacken the outside so it's extra crispy but the inside is really tender and juicy. Yum.....

















Salmon avocado roll - pretty standard but tasty

















Steak .... it was spectacular ....

















Chicken - I wasn't too crazy about it, kind of dry

















Ohmygosh, this is the best part. As you can tell we ordered different things on the menu so we could try more dishes. This is the 'warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream'. I expected warm chocolate cake. But as soon as my fork went through the cake, and I felt the molten chocolate inside the cake, I smiled and said, 'oh my gosh, this is going to be good, it's MOLTEN chocolate cake!' This was one of the best chocolate desserts I've ever had.

















Donuts with green tea ice cream. So simple. And yet so delicious. We (by we, I mean mostly I) devoured the desserts. My friend was done at some point and I was still using the donuts and cakes to soak up the ice cream. He's like, do you want to lick the plates too?! Hey, I am not ashamed of devouring a good dessert ....

















The apple in the apple pomegranate drink is not very good ... one of these days I'll need to start acting like an adult

No comments: